We are currently recruiting DRAMA & ENGLISH TEACHERS and ACTIVITY TEACHERS for the summer. The Excel Academy has successfully delivered high quality English curriculum enhancement programmes to some of Hong Kong’s highest achieving schools for the last 24 years. As we enjoy a close relationship with our schools, all our programmes are tailor-made, based on action research. We are committed to making a difference to our students during their stay with us. We offer two types of programme:
- Homestay - students reside at a local host family during their stay in the UK.
- Residential - students reside at a boarding school.
Who we are looking for?
DRAMA & ENGLISH TEACHERS who:
- Are committed, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Are able to deliver an intensive and focused learning programme: lessons, workshops and excursions
- Are willing to implement the Excel Academy teaching method: training provided
- Are confident teaching a variety of topics and themes
Have a strong language awareness; the use of English for different purposes, genres and styles (written and spoken)
- Have a qualification in English/Drama: PGCE/BEd (NQT and QTS)
- Have a keen interest in extra curricular activities
ACTIVITY TEACHERS who can provide a genuine commitment to:
- Leading interactive and successful excursions with clear learning objectives and outcomes
- Planning given excursions and creating detailed lesson plans
- Event management: logistics, travel and staff
Implementing strategies for student leadership training
- Pastoral care of the students
- Building professional and personal relationships with students and teachers from a different culture
Applications are welcomed from primary and secondary teachers.